Thursday, January 06, 2011

Warning: The HTML source you entered might have been modified

In Content editor Web Parts editing the HTML source is now accessed via "Edit HTML" in the ribbon - this replaces the old "Source Editor” option. 









The following warning will occur if you insert code that SharePoint doesn't like: Warning: The HTML source you entered might have been modified.

To get around this problem one solution is to put your code into a text file in the Site Assets document library.

7 comments:

  1. Works like a charm - I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a wiki page where I try to put html code with onload attribute. It is then cut. Is method you provided suitable to workaround?
    I can't find "content editor" to include it from external file.
    Could you help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Content Editor web part is available to place on Wiki pages as well - when you edit the page activate the Editing Tools 'Insert' ribbon and select Web Part - you can then select any web part and configure as you would normally do on a web part page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The webpart still doesn't display for me but when the file is opened in Site Assests it's fine. I'm trying to add code from weather.com to display the weather. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sick and tired of MOSS "correcting" my css to not work. It has a fetish for removing '!important' tags which is needed to override some annoyances from the t oplevel css.

    Thank you a million times for curing a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This works wonderfully... I have been banging my head on my desk trying to figure it out. Thanks for the fix.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. O that is awesome thank you

    ReplyDelete